okacookie

Bikes: Univega Rover STi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Was I in the wrong?

Ok well here is what happened...

I was doing a 13.5 mile loop to work this morning since I was going in late and I have not rode in a few days. The route I took invovled basicaly back roads that I knew not a lot of people would be on so if I was going slow I was not going to hold anyone up.

Well, since I am just starting to ride again since I was a wee lad I had been stopping to take a drink of water since I do not feel comfortable yet while riding. I reached the top of a hill and there was a driveway, so I pulled off the road a few feet since I knew that the lane was already wide enough for someone to pass. As I was getting a drink the guy barrels up the hill and lays on his horn, and once he tops the hill he slams on his brakes and takes up both lanes. He gets out and starts yelling and cussing at me because I am an idiot for stopping at the top of the hill.

Personally, I thought this was a better place to stop since there was a wider shoulder, instead of before or after the hill. Anyway, how far should I pull off the road if I am going to stop so hopefully people that are having bad days won't almost kill both of us.

Thanks