View Single Post
Old 10-23-08, 07:26 AM
cam3048

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello All, little help requied

I am looking to buy my Son a BMX for Christmas.

Back when I was young one of the best bikes about was the Mongoose, mainly due to the fact it was light and strong (although I still managed to bend a few frames in my time)

My Son is 12, and I have no idea about bikes anymore, and I have been told that the Mongoose is no longer as light as it used to be.

To give you some background, the bike is to be used in the woods on home made tracks, the roads and getting away from coppers after egging there cars (final part was a joke, I hope ) & just general messing about.

I would like to get him a pretty decent one as he has been through quite a bit recently so am looking to really cheer him up a bit.

Price range am looking to spend up to about £300 on the bike, I should be able to get a half decent bike for that price shouldnt I?

p.s. I did read the rules to look at other threads before posting, however as I am not looking for the bike personally and its for someone else I didnt think that it would be much use looking at older threads.

Thank for any advice in advance.

Cam

Are the GT bikes any good?

Last edited by cam3048; 10-23-08 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Wanted to know if a GT Bike was anygood