Old 10-24-08, 12:21 PM
scrublover
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Bikes: hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Saturday was sorta' a late start. A slight shuttle timing mishap left us with a later start than we'd anticipated, and not leaving a car at the bottom of Porc Rim. Not a bad thing. The pedal into town isn't horrible, but not knowing how you'll feel at the end of that ride... Anyway, with a late start, and conflicting tales of how wet/dry Burro was or wasn't meant we just started at Hazard.

This...this time, the elevation difference was telling. The initial climb out of the Hazard drop point wasn't really painful, just slow and wheezy.

Fast and fun. Things were a bit dry and dusty - a few more corners bermed as this one would have been a nice treat.

Body bag. I had an idealistic goal of nailing this feature this trip out. I've only gotten tot he top of the little slab at the apex of the corner in attempts past. This trip? It didn't happen. Super dry and with a liberal coating of dust and sand atop the whole slot down made me competely wuss out. Oops. Did see
a few attempts though, and one dude made it looks super slick and easy.

Trust me folks, if you've not seen it in person, pictures do not do it any justice.

Sorry, no diving board shots. That section was packed with people. Had to wait a bit for things to clear out a bit, and we were wanting to get past some folks who were loitering around, looking for carnage and the gumption to hit the biggest four footer to flat in the world. It's really not that bad a spot, it just seemingly gets hammered with wind every time I'm there.
A few other Porc Rim standards:

A pause for some macro action:

More riding with friends, a half marathon for the spousal unit, a breather day in Palisade and Grand Junction to come!