Old 10-24-08, 05:35 PM
caelric
triathlete? roadie? MTB?

Bikes: Cannondale Slice One tri bike, Cannondale F300 Hardtail MTB, Bianchi Giro roadie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings from Monterey/Salinas, California, USA

Been riding for about 4 months now, and figured I would hit up a bike forum as a way to get more advice on everything bike related. No specific questions at this point, but I did want to introduce myself.

I'm a Marine, stationed in Monterey, CA. Live in Salinas, CA, and bike to work in Monterey (16 miles one way, hilly) each day. Originally started biking since I wanted get into triathlons, and also save gas.

Since then, I have completed one olympic ditance tri in 2:52 (1.5 k swim, 40k bike, 10k run) and am scheduled to do my next in the Treasure Island tri in November, same distance. Have a 70.3 (half iron) planned in April of 2009, the Oceanside triathlon, and planning on the Arizona Ironman next year in November. I've also completed a couple of unsupported centuries, and as I mentioned, I do 16 miles twice a day. On the weekends, for something different, I hit the mountain bike trails. I throw in some running and swimming, as well, for the tri training, and I try and keep up in the weight room as well. I have to worry about overtraining, so I do take breaks every couple of weeks.

I was really luck in purchasing my bikes, I bought both of them from Craigslist, got good deals and bikes in good shape. My roadie is a 2003 Bianchi Giro 55 cm. My MTB is a hardtail Cannondale F300.

I'm a big guy (6'0, 205 lbs) so I make my bikes work, fortunately, they have both been able to support my weight and all the abuse I put them through. So far, I love cycling, and wish I had gotten into it sooner in my life (I'm 37).

Good riding
Dave