View Single Post
Old 10-26-08, 08:58 AM
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
And it takes 2 to 3 seconds longer to clip in then with steel toe-clip pedals, not to mention that the plastic bottom of clipless shoes slide off the reverse of the pedal, requiring that you clip in before you begin pedaling with your un-clipped foot.

With toe-clips, I can pedal un-clipped until I find it safe to slide back into them again. For that matter, you can't accidentally clip out if you have a bad ankling problem.

-Kurt
It takes me longer to flip my toeclips and wedge my shoe in them than it does to mash on my Mallets and clip in my rubber-soled MTB shoes.

There is such a huge range of clipless options now, I don't understand why anyone thinks that you'd have to wear plastic-soled shoes with cleats that make you walk like an ice skater.

But anyway, back to the OP --

Yup, riding through a red light into traffic is just plain stupid and rude. I stop at red lights because the street I'm about to cross is probably busy enough to warrant a light instead of just a stop sign. But, I don't necessarily stay stopped; I'll go if it's nice and clear (and, often, pedestrians will already be stepping across in the same direction before I start pedaling). I try to make it plainly evident that I'm looking both ways, too.