Old 10-29-08, 02:29 AM
badmother

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I think mos peopel think about a "steptrough" if they hear somebody say ladiesbike.

Most peopel who know more about bikes know that this is more about bike geometry.

Also many women who does not ride alot like the upright ridingposition, a lot of the steptrough frames is built like this, but also a lot of them can be customized to what you want.

A mixte is a typical steptrough that is not nesesary a womans bike. With "north road" type bars and shorter stem it is a totally different bike to ride than with drop bars or maybe flat bars with a longer (forward stretcing) stem.

A lot of the utility bikes has got low toptube or steptrough frames. If you want to mount a bike with a childs seat & a child on it (or several sixpacks of beer for that matter) without loosing your cargo you really want a steptrough.

When riding on ice, trying to exercise your dog, the dog is pulling and your studded tyres is not brand new you really want a steptrough.

A lot of men use what we would all skirts. Billions of peopel in Asia use it. There is lots and lots of steptrough frames in Asia.

Ride your bike,it is the smartest way to construct a bike in my opinion, expect for the mixtes.. My son always want to ride my mixtes. He call all high toptube bikes "nutcrackers". Smart kid.