HiYoSilver
Rides again

Bikes: Giant OCR T, Trek SC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by chicharron
Well, there you go. I have a lot to learn about the geography of Colorado, and the current technology of modern road bikes. However, I am really sold on the posi-shift gear shifters on the hybrids.
The STI shifts are very nice. You can shift a bunch of gears and drop say from H1 to H9 in one motion. You don't have to step thru the inbetween gears.

Do you prefer road bikes, or have you considered a hybrid-commuter type bike?
Yes, yes. It depends on your purpose. Like I mentioned, mine is a cross between a hybrid and a road bike. The next runner up was a hybrid, the Jamis Coda Elite. I really wanted disk brakes but not the full weight and slowness of a mtn bike.

Do you take a lot of road trips?
Some do, I don't, at least not yet. I just returned to biking last month.

If you are in eastern Colorado, I assume that its pretty flat where you live.
The high plains are very flat. Denver Fox is from southern part of Denver metro area, and I'm where it's a little more hilly. Still not in the mountains, just hills.

We get a lot of nasty weather here, though. Not a lot of snow. but wet, mean cold, and a lot of ice storms. Also, humid in the summer.
Interesting, I thought your winter might be more like Iowa. Not a huge amount of snow, but cold temps so the snow would linger and linger. Usually here the snow is gone in 2..3 days. This last one is still around after 5 days, and that is very unusual.