Old 10-31-08, 04:50 PM
huytheskigod

Bikes: K2 Zed 3.0; Motobecane Le Champion; Pedal Force RS; IRO BFGB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
5'4" women geometry possible with Lugged steel?

Hi all,

This is the beginning planning stages for me to build some one off frames. I haven't dug down into geometries or materials or methods yet. What I've determined so far is that I want to build some lugged steel road bikes. I have access to oxy/actl as well as some other power tools through work so I think I'll be ok on the tools side. My main question is about geometry.

For me, it's no problem as I already have a couple production lugged steel frames in my size to copy and tweak. What I want to do is build a steel frame for my fiance who is 5'4". She like the feel of the steel frame bikes we have around but they are all a little too big for her. I'm 5'6".

The question is, before I go down a dead end road, could I create a bike with the right geometry for her with standard tubes and lugs and such such as ones available through Nova. Here's the kicker, I'd prefer it to be 700c if at all possible. In fact, that may be a deal breaker if it's not as all of my Finace's current bikes are 700c. Any suggestions would be useful.