Uninformed Informer

Bikes: Specialized Rockhopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ok, heres all the info requested.

First, map of my commute

second my condition: I am 280 lbs and been riding for the last 3 weeks with my full commute gear trying to get into shape for the first real ride.

As far as experience goes, I rode my bike for my entire childhood. This includes all the way up to 18 when I got my license. I was 200 back then and in the last 4 years, not paying attention to what i eat or taking care of my body got me where i am. I am mainly doing this to get back in shape with the "gas money" thing being a close second. I have already taken care of the eating issues that plagued me and excersize is the last step. Since I'm a student with a demanding job I don't really have time to go to the gym everyday and the commute seemed like a good alternative.

I wish I could do what a lot of people do and drive partway but I need my car for work and plan on leaving it there and commute on the bike. I do plan on starting out driving to work then riding home and switching days, I just needed some advise as far as taking that first leap.

Thanks guys