cohophysh
fishologist

Bikes: Diamondback MTB; Leader 736R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
I currently have a Gary Fisher Cobia that I'm trying to sell to help fund a roadbike. I really though I'd be into mountain biking but I got the Cobia and have only been riding a handful of times and the friends I know that want to ride rarely ever do. So now, I'm stuck with either hitting up some flat trails or trying to find new ways to kill myself at some of the other places in my area.

I'm really thinking a roadbike would be better for me. Problem is, I don't know what I should even be looking at. I'm 230lbs and I'll have about $1000 to spend. I was looking at some of the Gary Fisher road bikes, but I'm not sure if I need something so aggressive or what I should even be looking for. I live in a college town and everything is fairly close, so I could ride around to pretty much where ever I need to go and I could also just go out and ride when I get the notion.

I just sold a sportbike that I had that was like a torture rack. I could barely do 100 miles on the highway before I needed a break. I don't want anything that painful in the way of a bicycle. Any suggestions?

Oh, that Gary Fisher is no good for you. Please send it to me so I can properly dispose of it

1990 Diamond Back MTB
2007 Leader 736R
www.cohocyclist.blogspot.com
http://www.loopd.com/members/cohocyclist/Default.aspx