hooligan
Just give'er.

Bikes: 04 Scrap

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtjumpP.1
al the kona djs are set up nicly this year... enjoy.

Not exactly. The drivetrain (ahem 900+ CDN dollars for an altus rear) is absolutely outrageous. Even mine had alivio.

However, the fork seems decent and the bike is overall nice. And cornish, Norco "djs" are acutally north shore or supercross, more like street rig/ north shore rig, whereas the Kona's are more strictly dj, but can still be used for everything.

I also encourage kona because I heard they stick with their 1 year warranty and they also have a crash replacement. That means, if you smash and crash and crack your frame, (abuse) you can get your frame back for what KONA pays for the frames, not the what the dealers pay. At least, my dealer does this and it's sweet.

Norco, of course is amazing. Personally, I wanted norcos at first, but they're slightly too expensive, not for value, but for the starting price for freeride bikes. Their Adventure bikes aren't the bomb, and the street rigs and north shore rigs with suspension are like 1k+ in CDN dollars, which bites the wallet pretty hard for a 13 year old kid. <-- Me.

Currently, I own a kona scrap, basically, it's

Alivio around shifting
Hussefelt DH Cranks
Jack (s word for crap) pedals which are useless.
MZ RACE fork which bites the dust for djing.
Crappy sun rims.
AWESOME frame.
Nice seat.
The discs are decent, but could be better.

I love my bike, with some money, it would be awesome, see KonaRider24 for that. 3k+ USD HARDTAIL. Using a kona dj frame. My guess is that he likes it alot. I can't see why not, if he likes hardtails.

Anyways, good luck and have fun.