View Single Post
Old 11-06-08, 09:32 PM
Robert Foster
Banned.

Bikes: Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai
Feel a little -I don't know- dirty? for going to another shop when mine has been soooo good to me.
But, hey.

I used to live in a very small town, 8,000 or less for about 20 years. I developed the habit of shopping local businesses whenever possible. When we didn’t as a group it wasn’t long before that business closed and we “had” to go somewhere else that and the fact that the owners were our neighbors. When I moved to a larger town I discovered I have 3 LBS close to me. I have shopped all three and ended up buying a bike from the one that provides the best service and is within walking distance from my house. There are bigger bike stores in the next town over and the drive would only be 30 minutes or so but I still shop where I bought my bike. One thing they offered me was lifetime service for any new bike I bought so I now have two. If there were a bike I wanted my first choice would be to go to my local bike shop and see it they had it. If they didn’t have the bike I wanted I would see if they could order it. And before I tried to order something on-line I would take a printed sheet in to see of they could come close to the price. I will go to all this trouble because I want my LBS to stay within walking distance and I want that free lifetime servicing. I guess my loyalty is a bit self-serving.