View Single Post
Old 11-07-08, 04:15 PM
Booger1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Try to find some shoes that have smooth toes,no cleats around the side,it will help getting in and out the straps much easier.I like skateboarding shoes,but anything will work.

Are you left handed?I'm right handed and get on/off my bike from the left side.Left foot in the clip,pedal level with the street,push pedal down,swing leg over,flip right pedal up,away we go.If I tried getting on from the right,I think my whole right side would be a scab.(never actually tried that I can remember)

For me,I like the ball of my foot on the pedal,but my riding buddy has his feet deep in the pedal.I try to ride his bike and I can't,the arch of my foot is on the pedal,drives me crazy and he has smaller feet than I do.

You can always straddle the top tube after a long ride if you think being tired has anything to do with it.Keep at it,you'll get back into the swing of things.

Toe clips also come in different sizes if you want to change them down the road.Your pedals should have a little tit on the back side to help flip the pedal around,if it doesn't,it makes it much harder to get the thing to swing up.If it does have a tit,hit it with the ball of your foot,not your toe,then when the pedal swings up,you toe will go right in.

Last edited by Booger1; 11-07-08 at 04:24 PM.