Old 11-07-08, 07:55 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Missbumble
OK flew home arrived late - but readyto go for my weekend trip in Claxton. Plan was to go down there do a ride Fri, a 100 Saturday and then return Sunday. Woke up with a long yucky cough...and decided not to go (gave away the hotel room - and decision is made...) as I do not need to push myself to get Pneumonia or something... But did I just wuss out?

ANyway now I am sad without a plan for the weekend. May try and do a ride tomorrow near home - but seriously - I travel a ton for work (on a plane 2x per week) and my rpiority is o be happy :Jump: Stay healthy (or get healthy) and then ride....

Any one can share theier experience. Does riding hurt or help if you have just staretd with a yucky cough??
There is a reason why being sick makes you feel like a , it's the bodies way of telling you that you need to let it rest to fight off the infection. So make a nice cup of tea, add some lemon and honey
(some people prefer a nice brandy), then go into hibernation mode. Often if you invest a day or two to get better, you recover much quicker, then if you try to be superman (or superwoman), and the stupid illness hangs on for weeks.

I've known people who firmly believe that if they don't go to work every day, the universe will end, A month later they are still driving everyone nuts with their honking and barking.

BTW These are the same people who will walk the 40 miles to work after a blizzard drops a half a metre of snow on the ground, while everyone else takes the day off to let the nice folks at the local snow camp to take their graders and plows and front end loaders to nicely move it out of the way.