andydreisch
Newbie but oldbie

Bikes: Trek 520, Lemond Victoire, Fisher Sugar 2, Cannondale tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rather rude, but funny

My poor Missus/stoker has to put up with my shenanigans all the time. For example, I sometimes cut it a little close to roadside bushes, careful to lean to the left while she gets pelted by the leaves. Nothing dangerous, of course. Just a little something to lighten up the ride.

The poor girl can't see a thing straight ahead with her 6'4" husband blocking the way.

So today at the beginning of our ride we were buzzing out of our neighborhood on a road lined with sycamore trees. If you're familiar with sycamore trees you may know that they actually bear fruit, in fact a 1-inch ugly green ball that does nothing except make for dangerous flotsam on the roadway when they fall from the tree.

Well, one such tree with one such fruit was dangling at the perfect height and position. So, naturally, I ducked and -- phwack!!! -- that baby hit the Missus smack on her helmet.

Now the fruit is rather light so I knew the Missus was going to be just fine. But damn did she left me have it!! I laughed so freakin' hard I thought I'd crash.

Just passing along a humorous anecdote for the day.

Andy