Old 11-10-08, 09:53 AM
Febs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm having difficulty responding to most of the questions because of the way that the survey is designed.

For example, in the first question, you ask, "Which of the following items do you use when cycling in cold weather such as autumn weather?" What do you mean by "cold weather" and "autumn weather"? I've cycled in temperatures this autumn ranging from the 30s (F) and in the 70s (F), and I'll wear a jacket only when it gets down to about 45 degrees (F). Why not refer to specific temperature ranges to eliminate this ambiguity?

Moreover, you have options in the responses to this question whose use doesn't depend on temperature. For example, whether I use a light doesn't depend on whether or not it's cold; it depends on the times at which I'll be riding. Similarly, whether I use a backpack has nothing to do with temperature and everything to do with whether I am commuting or riding recreationally. I could check these boxes, because I do use these items when it is cold, but I also use them when it is warm, so I don't think that you will receive meaningful data in your responses with respect to these items.

As noted by another poster, question 8 omits "feet," which in the most significant area of discomfort for me when riding in the cold.

Finally, question 9 asks, "Would you prefer pockets that were easy accessible while riding such as on the sleeves or chest?" Do you really think that people would prefer pockets that are inaccessible? Moreover, this question implies that pockets on the sleeve are more accessible than pockets in some other location (i.e., on the back) which is not my experience. It's much easier for me to reach into a pocket on the back of my jersey while riding than to reach across my body to reach into a pocket on the sleeve.