Old 11-10-08, 04:06 PM
VolksDragon
Getaway Rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by funrover
I go up there about every 3 weeks to babysit, don't get much bike time in.... here in a few months I will though, I will start to cart the little guy around in a trailer.... then I will need help on trails/where to go. So any ideas let me know.. I'd be willing to ride with others also!

The trail system is awesome, with a TON of different routes, different scenery and different destinations. Most of the city has bike lanes as well, so you can cut / paste your rides depending on where you want to end up.

Here's the link to where you can download the trail map.

http://www.fcgov.com/bicycling/bike-maps.php

One of my favorite rides is to start at Cottonwood Glen Park near Horsetooth and Taft Hill, and ride the Spring Creek trail all the way through Campus to the Riverbend Ponds Natural Area. From there, you can double back, or go northwest all the way to the Poudre Valley Trailhead and on to the Watson Lake / Horsetooth Reservoir area. That loop would end up being about 40 miles, but you can also do much, much smaller chunks and still see a buch of cool scenery.

Let me know if you want some company, we can plan a decent ride depending on the weather.

Last edited by VolksDragon; 11-10-08 at 04:14 PM.