View Single Post
Old 11-11-08, 05:34 PM
robtown
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NOS88
Can't wait to hear how it rides and your impression of fit compared to your other bikes. I've read that a Colnago is designed to have a long stem with your weight hanging over the front wheel which places the two wheels more directly under you. It is reported that this makes for a very nimble yet stable ride. So, don't forget to fill us in on it's actual ride qualities when you can.

I've read that you're supposed to have the saddle set back also. I just hope it fits.

I picked her up today. She does show wear and tear on her paint but overall she'll add a bit of color to my stable. The seller also had an almost new Ultegra 9 speed STI set - that he sold me for $20! I also picked up some new 105 dual pivot brakes and a carbon seatpost today. TBP - a DA 9/10 rear derailleur from Ebay, braze on 9 speed front derailleur and chain from Nashbar.

For my Alan Shorter frame I picked up everything else in a $300 bundle. It's essentially a Campy Chorus 8 speed group with 8 speed Record Ergo shifters. The wheels have new rims and double butted spokes (32 count). I'm going to use the 44 Scott drop bar for the Colnago.