View Single Post
Old 11-12-08, 04:32 PM
imeridian

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Sport (2008)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So far so good with the saddle level as per the photograph. I rode 3.4 miles and wasn't suddenly tingly once I got off the bike. That's plenty of distance/time for the tingly to present itself. I think it may actually have been more a matter of moving the seat forward more, it seems I may have been inadvertently sliding forward to help shorten the reach to the handlebars (as a result of misunderstanding KOPS I believe I had the saddle back too far).

My reasoning for posting this question was to ascertain just which level is considered level, as that's the advice given in every saddle/numbness thread, but which is also never defined for cases where the saddle itself isn't flat.

To me the photo looks like the seat is angled upwards, especially if you look at the rails, but as is apparent it is level front to back. I just want to know, for the sake of having a starting point, common ground, etc, if others view that saddle as level or angled up. I realize it's a matter of personal preference and comfort as to if a saddle is angled upward or downward, but it doesn't appear as though we have any baseline reference for what level actually is to compare that angle to.

Last edited by imeridian; 11-12-08 at 04:35 PM.