Old 11-13-08, 12:39 PM
tom121
hampshire hog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've cut and pasted this from another thread I just responded to, sorry for duplication but relevant answer here too!:

Did not like my Neuro 6.0 at all :-(

It kept freezing mid-ride, sometimes requiring a complete reboot (losing all data and settings) and sometimes just for a few seconds-minutes, so data would be inaccurate.

Obviously that was a faulty unit, but even that aside, I didn't like the inflexibility of data shown, and also it drove me mad having two little arrows next to the KPH (one up and one down) which would change depending on whether you were travelling faster than your average speed at that moment or slower. I HATE knowing my average speed mid-ride, it really upsets my pacing, and you couldn't turn it off. Altitude is obviously not going to be very very accurate in any brand of unit, but the altitude measurement on it was so insanely bad that it was totally unusable. Sometimes a hill would be 6%, next day it would be 26%, and sometimes a circuit would be 200m elevation one day, and then the same circuit would be 450m the next day... hmmmm.....

On a positive note I liked the look of it!

I took it back to the shop for a repair -it had been used for more than 28 days so they wouldn't refund- but fortunately Blackburn replaced the entire unit, so the shop were then happy to refund.

I bought a Garmin 305 instead (only £30 more expensive) and it is 10000% better- probably the best thing I've ever bought for my bike :-)