Old 11-13-08, 03:25 PM
yohannrjm
There's a biking season?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SoreFeet

I have tried the Yellow Jersey tubular deal where you get 3 for 50$...I've got less than 200 miles on three tires. I've tried the Vittoria CX and the Kevlar belted training Vittoria.

All of these sew ups rode lumpy. Unless you want to spend 80-120$ a tire then you are wasting your time.

Good luck.
You appear to have had a bad experience with the Yellow Jersey tubulars. I use them on my bikes (not exclusively), and I have to say that I've had a completely different experience with them.

In the first place they've lasted more than 1000 miles each with little hint of wear - with very long rides thrown in there. They are round enough, though not as good as the +$100 tyres I have (two were almost perfect, the other less so). The rubber compound started off very soft (subjective, I know), but has firmed up (either that, or I'm just used to them).

They're not as light as the better ones I use, but for training/commuting tyres, these have worked out fine for me ---- at a fraction of the cost.

This way my expensive tyres last a long time, as those wheelsets are not used unless I really need them.