View Single Post
Old 11-13-08, 07:38 PM
Zerotrek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CA road rage vs the rest of the USA

I have read many stories about confrontations between cyclists and drivers of cars. A disproportionate number seem to take place in CA compared to the rest of the country. Those in CA also seem more likely to end in violence.

Would some CA cyclists like to post an opinion on this. Is it just more media coverage, more cyclists, or another comment you may have?

As someone who has rode a bike my entire life, to grade school, high school, college, the gym, work, I never experienced rode rage between myself and a driver. Not saying I wasn't angered, hit by cars and experienced many an uncomfortable situation, but I never had an argument with anyone.

I spent most of my 40 years in NYC and the suburbs, the past two years in NC. (Off topic, I hate NC, at least the coast where I live, not a single hill, climb, bump in the rode. I am so out of shape.).

The recent story about a doctor who intentionally hit someone was most disturbing, story claims he hit someone intentionally before. Do cyclists not line up single file when cars come from behind in CA? Are there too many cars, too many cyclists? Cars cannot pass cyclists even riding single file?

One of the reasons I am curious is I am considering relocation to CA and want to know what to expect. Thank you.