View Single Post
Old 11-13-08, 08:47 PM
Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think what I dislike about night riding isn't the darkness itself.... but the fact that I get up in the dark, I get home from work in the near-dark, and I want to turn in for the night -- put on my flannel stuff, warm socks, and stay in. Changing into the gear and checking the tires etc. feels like I'm going out again (well, I am) when I really am just glad to be home and wanting to get settled.

However, once I'm out I get into the groove and the further from home I ride, the less likely I am to just circle around the block a few times. I don't do 20-30 miles at night like some of you (!!) I just don't have that kind of time in the evenings after work. But what little I do makes a difference.

I may need a different light. I have the CygoLite Nite Rider 12w dual beam headlight. It lasts for two shortish (45 minute) rides but the brightness isn't quite enough to illuminate a dark street, only a small spot in front of me. I want something that shines a brighter light on a larger spot, but not blinding to oncoming drivers. I know I am seen because drivers wait for me from a block or two away. I'm also planning to get a helmet light.