Old 11-14-08, 11:00 AM
EnigManiac

Bikes: BikeE AT, Firebike Bling Bling, Norco Trike (customized)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have since seen on local news that the cabbie has been caught and his cab, with a large dent in the rear drivers' side corner located at the driver's home. Apparently, he had injuries consistent with a beating, though it was not clear whether these are injuries suffered from inflicting a beating or receiving one. Police are questioning why it took the driver 3 hours for the cabbie to call saying there had been an attempted robbery.

Pure speculation here, but I'll bet the cyclist was commuting in to work and somehow became involved in a dispute with a driver after the cabbie pulled some stunt. Just guessing of course, but it's an educated guess. Cabs are among the worst dangers we face here. The cabbie probably became enraged and slammed his cab into the cyclist then paniced, went home, made up a story about a robbery and called police. The robbery story just doesn't work for me as witnesses said they heard a loud and long argument. Robberies don't usually involve prolonged discussion, after all. It all seems sketchy.