Old 11-14-08, 02:42 PM
banjo_mole 
Bicycle Adventurer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I apprecieate your advice, its all very good!

There is definitely some wisdom in your statements on height, although my primary bike right now is still a Univega, which is a 54cm, and it's just a little big, but I think my body has adapted and grown a longer inseam or something, because I hopped on it today after riding that Trek 58cm, and it was no stretch! (Pun intended.)

I dont think I'd take the $150, I'd much rather have a bike to ride than money to burn.

I think I agree on the two bikes being out, but I did find this intersting link while researching, which is a pretty awesome one: http://oldtenspeedgallery.com/owner-...dude-10-speed/. "The Dude." Kinda cool, huh?

And yep, All-Pro's are K-Mart bikes. They even have a K-Mart headbadge in the pictures I saw, which was also kind of AWESOME in a dorky way, it seems like if cleaned and completely overhauled with good parts, it would be a very fun and funny novelty bike. But... Eh.

Both are fun and kind of whimsical, but for a Trek, I dunno.
I'm told this is a low-end trek, but it FLIES on the road, most parts are original, but the wheels are sealed-bearing 700c's, which could be why it really zooms and speeds. It feel like a TOP bike.

I'm short, but I think the 54 would be a good deal, as it's what I ride now.

Kpug505, Its neat to hear some knowledge on the other potential partset this bike has! I'll call the guy at 2 today and ask more about it.

Also, isn't the 660 a higher-level bike than the Elance 330? It seems so...
But I dunno much about Trek hierarchy. I just like the fact they're fast and the first Trek shop was less than an hour from here. It appeals to my California side. My Southwest desert side has yet to find a prestigious bicycle. *laugh*

But yeah. On quality differences between the 330 and 660? Any takers?