Thread: Does it count?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-08, 02:38 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
DON'T WORRY ABOUT CLUB TOMBAY?

Stapfam, I'm utterly ashamed of you! Club Tombay membership is a unique honor. An achievement to be envied by the poor souls who don't qualify. Pity poor Deege trying to claim membership on the basis of his girl friend's fall. The shame of it all.

Don't worry about Club Tombay indeed! You'll have to do penance for this.
I humbly apoligise for my error in denegrating the status of Club Tombay. It is a great honour to be nominated for this fgellowship of like minded riders. What I should have said was-Do not worry about the qualification to Club Tombay. That will come sooner than you may want it to.

Originally Posted by Robert Foster
Well Stepfan has addressed a concern I have had when considering this up grade. I have only watched one rider during a club ride fall because of the shoes and pedals and that was twice in one day. But I didn’t realize I could first get the shoes and then later get the pedals. But now I remember that the SPD shoes I have looked at had a small rubber cover that was attached over the holes for the cleats. I think I will give that a try.

DG did it and so have several other members- They got the shoes and wore them in before getting onto his bike with them. In fact-DD met DG at the disco and it was the Sidi's that attracted her to him. She recognised Class straight away.

Spike Milligan