Old 11-18-08, 11:23 AM
balto charlie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by NoRacer
+1 on the ice.

I was too hot this morning. I had to ride with my jacket completely unzipped.

I wore from foot to head:

- thin CoolMax running socks
- plastic bags over running socks
- Merino wool socks from Sam's Club
- fabric shoe covers
- Merino wool leg warmers
- TeamBBC bib shorts
- long sleeve CoolMax t-shirt
- long sleeve loose fitting lycra/spandex sweat shirt
- TeamBBC Jacket
- balaclava
- cycling cap
- Nike knitted cap
- helmet
- "garden" gloves as inserts
- Gore WindStopper heavy gloves

The temps were close enough to the upper 20s F that I should have worn neoprene shoe covers followed by the fabric ones. My toes were a little cooler than usual.

Also, I forgot to protect the "boys" and started getting a biting sensation by the time I got to work. Usually, at the minimum, I crumple up a bandana and toss it down there for wind protection. Forgot.
You dressed better than I did. I hear ya on the boys. I figure you gotta get 'em use to crawling back into the body, less they forget their way when it really matters I really like Craft windblocker boxers. I only have 1 pair so got to use them conservatively, shoulda worn them today though.
This year I am going w/ mountaineering gloves w/ removable liners. Rather bulky but I will be able to adjust the liner w/ the weather, plus they are wind and waterproof..or so they say. Didn't have them today either. Didn't have my new Foxwear softshell because it is a Christmas present.....thus it was a chilly commute. Rest of the week looks a little warmer however we are currently getting snow flurries in Beltsville, what's with that