View Single Post
Old 12-15-04, 07:26 AM
rule

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I woke up this morning to find my five year-old rooting around under the Christmas tree. When I asked him what he was doing up so early he announced that he wanted to give all of his presents to the 9 kids in our small town who lost their mother to cancer earlier this year. He had already pulled all of his out from under the tree but was having trouble getting the to/from name tags off.

I had completely forgotten about the family even though they live just down the road. He sure hadn't. It took us a while but we figured out how to get all the name tags peeled off with the help of a hair dryer.

He wanted to sneak up and put the presents on their porch while it was still dark, so they wouldn't get embarrassed. Every time a car would pass us on the way back home, I could see his face in my rear view mirror. If I live to be a thousand I'll never forget the smile he had on his face. When we got back home, he hugged me and told me that was the first time that he had ever seen his daddy crying.

What a morning.