Old 11-20-08, 10:48 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Bicycling Magazine-Dec Issue-plus Tucson update

You can laugh-but it was a long flight from Charlotte to Tucson and there were slim pickin's in the airport magazine shop. I mean who wants to read one more thing about the current state of the economy.

From what I recall:
Lance is making a comeback-breaking news!!
Carmichael is his training coach-even more surprising!
Kenyans might be the next great climbers in the TdF????
Tubeless tires have yet to catch on-more breaking news!!

All my toys made it to Tucson. Whoever suggested getting the smart caddy in the airport-THANK YOU so much!

I had my suitcase, bikecase and laptop bag on the caddy and towed my golf clubs in it's container behind me. I only took out 2 or 3 people going through the airport.........The lady at the rental counter saw me and felt sorry me and gave me a free upgrade to a minivan for all my toys.

I put the bike back together and everything looks to be in very good shape, shifting correctly, etc. The Trico Iron Case bike case appeared to do a really great job.

My wife saved the day. Somehow my multi tool that I used to take everything apart and needed to put the bike back together had slid under my couch and out of view. I had thought I had packed it in the bike case with my pedals, pedal wrench, etc but she saw it at the last minute......

I think I left my body in NC or maybe it fell out of the plane over the Mississippi.....A miracle is gonna have to happen for me to have the energy to do 109 miles on Saturday. We only have 2 river bed crossings on the route where we have to dismount and carry our bikes for 1/4-1/3 miles as well.

BTW, I've done lots of centuries in lots of places but I haven't seen anything like the show these folks put on here. It's started 3 days early with exhibits galore. Just amazing.