Thread: 3 speed fixed
View Single Post
Old 12-16-04, 01:25 AM
Rudgey

Bikes: Rudge Sports, Robin Hood 3 speed, Hercules touring, a fleet of big black lugged city bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The last time I saw a Sturmey Archer fixed gear 3 speed ASC hub on ebay it went for $500. Changes are that bike doesn't have it, but it could be a nice bike, I know most cyclists don't think british bikes are worth their weight in dirt, but before the "roadbike" there were clubbikes that came with either flip flop huns or SA hubs, some of those are quite nice and could be worth some money, if it is something like a Raleigh Lenton or Clubman or Rudge Pathfinder, or BSA.

I bought a nice 1952 Raleigh Clubman for little money a few months ago, the guy thought it was just a 3 speed dressed up like a roadbike, when it was in fact the 1940s equivalent of a $5000 carbon fiber racing bike, 531, Alloy GB parts, AW hub.
That's how I got my pre-war Hercules clubbike, bought it from some road bike snob who thought it was junk, apparently the flip flop hub and wings nuts didn't make it obvious to him that it was a very old bike and not a sears 3 speed.