Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tntyz
+1!

For me it has been a year-long attempt to change my lifestyle (whatever THAT is). First order of business was eating breakfast on a regular basis. I had a 40-year habit of skipping breakfast and that was hard to break. I finally told myself that eating brakfast was like take a prescription; don't worry about the (lack of) enjoyment, just do it! After 9 months, I finally look forward to breakfast.

Another big thing for me was re-learning what hunger really feels like. I mean being actually hungry because your body needs nourishment, not just eating because something sounds tasty. My lesson learned: we have WAY to much food available all the time!

Then came the focus on what to eat and choosing more healthy foods. And when to eat those foods.

I am proud that I've been able to drop 40 lbs in the last year and my blood numbers are a ton better, too. But I realize that it's hard and constant work. The big turning point for me was when I starting food as primarily a source of nourishment and the pleasure of it is secondary. Once I got those priorities set everything else was a piece of cake.
Congratulations on making successful lifestyle changes and dropping some weight!