no1mad 
Thunder Whisperer

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nahh
Biking is more effcient than walking, based on distance to calorie.
since everyone else had great responses to the paper question i'll start out with the backpack one. Ogio makes a couple great packs, i really enjoy mine. It's an Ogio Atrix, their entry-level pack, in Hi-Viz Orange. I was worried it would be too small, but I haven't had a problem going to and from school, as well as some grocery shopping trips.
If you want a messenger bag the good ones are over $100. Chrome, Timbuk2, and many others make great ones, but like i said they'll cost ya. Go large with a messenger bag, i have a small Timbuk2 one that i got off CL for cheap, and it sucks only based on the size. Another downside is you can't fit a waterbottle on the outside of it, which i like to do since my Nalgene doesn't fit in the waterbottle cage. I also like an outside pocket for coffee.
The commutiny college that I attend classes at offers Ogio and Jansport. I like some of the Jansport designs, but I am not conviced that they would hold up for very long. I checked out Ogio's website, spotted the Epic, and actually have the school checking their inventory at all four of the campuses to see if they have any in stock. Supposedly, the Epic has two deployable, insulated bottle holders w/drain ports. I'm hoping that it can hold a decent sized bottle.