View Single Post
Old 11-24-08, 09:49 AM
jboyd

Bikes: Giant "Rainier"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hate?? I don't hate hunters! I come from a long line of hunters and I know that there are several hunters here. I was a hunter myself. Gave it up about 20 years ago. Wasn't helping my ego, and started feeling very about it and gave it up. That is not hating hunters, just don't dig myself.

I poke fun at them, because of some of the behavior I see out of them, but I do not hate. I don't know where you are from, and I suspect this happens in many places, but the local hunters are pretty cool. Because we live in a kind of special area of Illinois, what we get is a huge influx of city folk who are weekend warriors related to hunting. They often do not know how to behave. When I said, booze and hookers, it is sort of a inside local joke. These guys spend about 5 hours of the weekend hunting and the rest of the time at the bars and strip clubs. The local paper will almost have to publish an extra page to cover all the police reports for this past weekend. Lots of fights, DUI's and tons of Trespassing violations.

Besides, if you really read my post, and not just gleaned it for something negative to pull, you would see that I gave the day back to the hunters. Self preservation yes, but out of respect to this being "their" time.

Jay