View Single Post
Old 11-25-08, 09:06 PM
dekindy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I will have to admit that I am truly amazed. It only got down to 32 degrees Fahrenheit with no wind chill this evening. That is still a good test. I had zero fogging!

I simply added a pair of safety glasses as suggested by Jim from Boston. He wears a lot more on his head than I do so he has a much more elaborate setup. I was going to use string to keep the safety glasses up off my Adidas glasses and nose (Jim uses velcro to attach his safety glasses to his wool cap which I do not wear) . The string got tangled and came off while I was putting it on for the ride. I said the heck with it because everybody else was ready and wore the safety glasses anyway. They did not bother me at all so it was not a castastrophe. I wear a Foxwear balaclava (positioned so that it does not cover my nose or mouth) and my Adidas Gazelle glasses with optical inserts. Normally they fog so much when I stop that I cannot see anything. I had zero fogging tonight! I would have to add that I also wiped my lenses with Clarity Fog Eliminator wipes. This only helped marginally in the past but I wanted to mention it. Apparently keeping the cold wind deflected lets the lenses stay warm enough to prevent fog from forming. I will test this in colder temperatures. For now I am completely sold!

Thanks Jim From Boston! Than man deserves a cigar.