Old 11-26-08, 03:15 PM
aenlaasu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Missbumble
Hey Guys I want to respond to you all and especially to the OP - but first off I decided to repond to Andre's post. As a woman who has been 100 pounds overweight and lost all of it - and kept it off for 10+ years..then gained 80 over a period of time. I think I qualify to let you know the psyche of a fat woman. I have also started back on this road again - lost 40 and have 40 to go (Started at 225ish... and am looking aweosme now in a size 14....you'd never guess I weighed 180ish more like 160....) In any case I know what it is like to be 80 pounds overweight - since I began my latest weight loss journey in April with that much to lose.

Your situation - weight you need to lose...and getting fitter does not compare at all to her issues. You are a man so lose quicker and are not very overweight - also the world does not treat you like a second class citizen as a slightly overwight male. So your wife imho suffers daily. She is treated yucky! (Not by yoiu by the world) and finds comfort in the food... a vicious cycle. She can only do this when she is ready. Often I am tempted to walk up to fat women and say .... come on over I can help! (I did do this after one charity ride and hopefully influenced a woman to make better choices). Anyway it has to be her choice. Not yours.

You can tell her about me - Miss Bumble- who lost 100 pounds and kep it off for years and now has started a Biggest Loser Weight Loss Thread on your biking web site. We have one non-biker...and she could sneak in.. Maybe like Al Anon... A friend of a biker...

That said - when she wants help - I'd be happy to help. I will speak to anyone about losing weight and motivation etc....

Don't get fed up with all of her attempts... it's always the last program someone tries that works! When I lost the 100 pounds I was on a really strict regimen - 3 meals a day, no flour or sugar, and weighed and measured my meals. Now I have a much gentler program where I eat moderately (don't exclude any foods as a strict rule per se) - just try to not over do as much as before... It's a compromise plan...Try and shoot for losing one pound a week.

Net net - 80 pounds overweight for a woman imho it's not about exercise as much as the obsession with food. I could get thin w/o exercising. But I have to change my eating behaviors in order to make a change and get thin. (The exercise, helps but it is the icing on the cake.)

Anyhoo - Hang in there - PM If you want... and know your wife is suffering. It is horrible to be a fat person! Fat woman - I think is even harder. Since losing 40 pounds I am happier, and the world treats me differently.

I have no answers- just wanted to respond. I wish I had a husband like you who cared that much!

The Bee
Thanks for that, Bee. You are so right on so many levels. For me, I was a chubby child up until I was 15, then slimmed down for a few years, up again, down again. Changes in the way I've been perceived are quite marked with the weight swings.

This last one has been the hardest. Bad back and knees kept me from accomplishing much. Especially from the cycling I loved so much. Thankfully, I've discovered my trike and down 25 pounds.