"newer" member

Bikes: '16 Velo Orange Pass Hunter, '95 Gary Fisher MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Please allow me to intro...

Hello everyone,

Please indulge me on the subject line. I'm not a Stones fan, though about the right age for one.

I've been riding two-wheelers since about '66, if my older sister's 20-incher counts, and grinding gears since leaving behind both Sturmey and Archer back in '79. My thanks to Warren Ruhl, a cyclist who introduced me to derailers and showed me how to repack and adjust bearings that spring in Norfolk, Va. We never rode together, as I recall, but he also introduced me to helmets and strategies for mapping backstreet bike routes in urban areas. May he ride in joy, wherever he is!

After a few years in the NYC/NJ area - less fun riding there - I moved north and rode sporadically for a decade or two. Living on the edge of suburbia now, I'm trying to ride more. I broadened the gearing on my old Bridgestone RB-1 this summer to help on the hills, picked up an old mountain bike as a beater and grocery-getter, and at the urging of my wife (oh, I love her so!) bought a Bushnell tandem. That's how I came to be Captain.

And Cranky, well, that's permanent, I'm afraid.

Alan M

In the crossroads of Eastmor, hamlet of Wynantskill, town of North Greenbush, state of confusion... errr... New York