Old 12-17-04, 08:59 PM
2old2befast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Opinions on Maverick forks (both SC and DC)

I'll start riding a bit again in a few weeks, some light riding with relatively inexperienced friends. I've been off riding any of my bikes seriously for a long time, and have lost a lot of strength... I can feel it.

I'm looking for something lightweight to plug onto the front which is nevertheless freeridable. I don't think I've lost my technique but I'm nowhere near as strong as I used to be, so I'm considering what to buy to put a couple of my heavy-duty freerides on a diet. Playing mix and match with spares for other areas of the bike at the moment (and I'll probably need to buy new stuff anyway), and bike 1 is a Rocky Mountain Switch with beefed-up specs (which I'll now have to unbeef again), bike 2 is a Santa Cruz Bullit with 888's and other unneccesarily heavy parts for my immediate use.

Are the Mavericks what I should be looking at, or should I play safe and go with the '05 Z1? Given the constant that I have those two frames to play with, what would you put on the front (and other suggestions too... drivetrain, etc if you have them) for a reasonably lightweight true "all-rounder"? I have a lot of spares and parts lying around, but most of it is 2000-2002.