Old 11-29-08, 08:25 PM
w00die
karma is my higher power

Bikes: 2008 Sequoia Elite, '84 Trek 620, '84 Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Many times the homeless are disheartened, mistreated and suffer from untreated medical/mental issues related with being homeless. Often they lash out, it’s not always about trying to intimidate or harass others - sometimes they are just lost, scared, and disheartened. They are the invisible people; no one wants to see them. People like to try and make themselves feel better about the situation by rationalizing their plight as temporary, self inflicted or caused by their own weakness or shortcomings. While there are times when some of that might be true, in most cases its way off base. The simple fact is, in a country as rich and prosperous as ours, for anyone to be homeless or living on the street is insane. The fact that there is a disproportionate amount of Veterans in the homeless population is nothing short of a National disgrace. The holidays are particularly hard on the homeless.

I'm sorry you had a run in, I am glad nothing came from it and everyone was fine. I pray that somehow the homeless man is able to get some help and that his life improves.

peace

Last edited by w00die; 11-29-08 at 08:30 PM.