Old 12-18-04, 10:17 PM
Juniper
Digs technical steeps

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crgowo
To be honest its not "that" bad. Some riders go through it like nothing. just my technical skills are very low and the angle at which the trail hits the decent makes me lose my balance a lot. Its a steep decent with some huge rocks along the way down so its a bit bumpy as well. right before you get to the decent there is small dip in the trail, say it goes down 4 feet and turns to the right.... then goes back up 4 feet to the left and right when you get back up the decent starts and goes back to the right. So i was practicing getting to the downhill as much as the downhill.
If i get to the top just right (angle wise) the decent is 40 times easier then if not. Im still a noob. Havent even been riding for a year yet But I plan on getting better.
The approach often seems harder than the actual descent, doesn't it? Reminds me of a sketchy section we have around here. There's this 10 foot or so drop in off the main trail that then goes through this long winding gully. It's cool because you can go up and down the sides like a half-pipe or something. But to drop in you have to go almost straight down that 10 foot section and the challenge is that on the right side it falls off into this deep hole with sharp rocks in it so, if you missed making the turn to the drop in, you'ld get messed up pretty bad. I don't want to be clipped in right there although I'm not sure it would make any difference (if I missed the turn)!