View Single Post
Old 12-01-08, 03:06 PM
Jtgyk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Didn't do the WR Creek Ride today. I ran all my errands with the Letour in the van, though.
Wound up finally finishing the essential "honey do's" around 11:30 and had time to hit the Chisholm and half the Bluebonnet Trail in Plano. I'm glad I had to wait, as it was much warmer by then (about 49F).
I don't think my legs ever really felt warm.

The wind was a big bucket of suck...but I had nice scenery (for the most part.) The Bluebonnet Trail runs down a high power line corridor, so it's pretty bare and open.

The Chisholm has some really nice parks and trees...not what I expected. (pics to come)

The ride went pretty well after I finally got the Brooks Saddle dialed in to a more tolerable configuration. (stopped 5 or 6 times at the beginning to diddle the angle and setback)

The LeTour is a comfy, kind of springy, ride after the aluminum Trek. Now If I can just get the geometry of the Trek (longer top tube) in a steel frame (+ with reliable shifters)...I may have the bike I really need.
Man...I really liked that 2008 Randonee I test rode....

Just shy of 14 miles for that ride and another 6+ change miles for my commute this evening (Taking the longer ride home to make my 20 for the day).
Don't know if it was more maddening or liberating to ride without a computer.

My nice new Nashbar Touring Build AKA "The Flying Avocadooooooooo!"
1998(?) Trek 700 Multitrack
1995 Trek 1220 AKA "Jimi"
Older Non-suspension Specialized Hardrock