djnzlab1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The Rush of Shopping and Kids

HI,
I was nearly hit twice the other day ,
I was making a left turn in the correct lane( inside left took the lane) had flashers going front and back,
and was moving as far forward to allow a car to cross towards me and go behind me and continue on.
The driver of the van was looking at me but its like she was running from something, my guess maybe she had a car coming at her and was trapped, she rolled right up to me I pulled the bike up onto the center section of the road over a curb or would have been hit.
I believe she was scared of being t-boned by another car she may have misjudge the on coming cars speed or it was speeding as she crossed but may have not realized the damage I could have taken if hit by a car? It all happened so fast.. things can really go bad quick when your on a bike.
Never looked back after making the turn,
Yea I do feel like a second class citizen when they don't even stop. even a little lip service of Iam sorry from the inside of a car.I don't think they realize how deadly a car/bike crash can be at low speeds...
I found a stobe thats yellow for the back and one thats white for the front 5 times as bright as a led, I believe the police use them on their bikes with the blue llight thats why I went with white and yellow.

http://www.lightmanstrobes.com/page391.html

Does anyone feel like they need more term life.
Doug

Last edited by djnzlab1; 12-01-08 at 03:29 PM.