michaelwlf3
Live to Ride,Ride to Live

Bikes: 2 - GT Panteras of different vintages, Trek 1100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by offtheback
Jumping to the "over fifty" catagory. Over thirty years on the bike, several actually. Looking for warm weather rides during winter months. Any info helpful. Has anyone considered starting a new week long ride in Southern state(s)? They seem to be in short supply and it's damn cold here.
Here's a link you might find useful:

http://www.sciway.net/tourism/cycling.html

I live in North Carolina but don't recommend road riding either here or South Carolina. The shoulders are basically non-existent and the drivers are nuts. I hear of road cyclists getting killed all the time. Most people ride off road. I have two mountain bikes and probably won't buy a road bike as long as I am still living here. Although I do ride on the street sometimes I make use of the Greenway system here and stay in less traveled areas with either bike lanes or wide streets. I also ride a fair amount off road.

South Carolina has a rail trail kind of system with some pretty good rides in it. When they get done building all the trails you will be able to ride from northwest to southeast without ever getting on the road.

Last edited by michaelwlf3; 12-19-04 at 10:19 AM.