View Single Post
Old 12-02-08, 11:03 PM
trueno92
Building a better Strida

Bikes: bianchi brava 1988. fuji track 2007, 2006 Bianchi Pista, 1987 Miele and a strida knock off

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FigBug
Anybody have any good pictures of rev-x failures? I can't seem to find any, I'm guessing it's because the rev-x was before the digital camera area.
this is exactly my point...

one member on another cycling forum noticed that the page that was put up with all the "crash stories" was actually hosted by a law firm that was attempting to represent a few unlucky riders accidents. I guess at the time, spinergy was HUGE with marketing ad campaigns, and PR.. ultimately becoming a cycling marketing monster..

THe rivets were actually only a small part of the problem.. as there are actually quite a few variances as to how and where the rivets were placed. quite a few wheels i have seen on the net have had the rivets stamped right over the crease created from the spoke meeting the aero section - consequentially creating a very weak bond, and thus putting stress on the carbon and sometimes tearing the rivet right thru.

i figured there would be some really awesome pics of how badly these things fail, esp with resources like flickr etc...

bearings can be found on ebay.. and i found a french site that has pictures and instructions for bearing replacement.

the bearings in mine are NSK R8D however i can't find any info on the bearings on the web...