View Single Post
Old 12-02-08, 11:33 PM
Ranger63

Bikes: mid 80s Ross Centaur converted to Alfine 11 09 motobecane imortal force, 83 Ross Paragon,81 Schwinn LeTour Tourist, 91 Paramount, 93 GT converted to city bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cycling change

Ok..last page first on this one.
November 6th 2008. I'm cycling with members of another local club and we're on the final 2 mile leg of a 27miler.
One of the faster riders goes and two more follow then two more and I'm with them.
I'm tucked in just behind the lead rider and I simply cannot catch him.
Look down at the sigma and it reads 27.89mph This is on a flat run folks with no perceptable breeze to help or hinder.
I'm climbing mile long inclines I had to get off the bike with in previous years.
I have a new (thanks to my susan) CF Motobecane Imortal Force and it..flys.
I kayak the 27.6 miles round Grand Island in the Upper Niagara River in a tad over 6 hours
Covered 1011 miles walking
Got in 4753 miles overall cycling.
Did 80% (even in the rain)of my shopping and doctor visits via the bike.
Ok..we're back to November 2,2007 and I'm just comming out of double bypass surgery.
(Amazing part here is: I have COPD-lung thing- and for the preceeding 2 years I'd been getting off the bike on hill climbs because I thought the shortness of breath and heartburn feeling were due to the copd. I'd get to the top of the climb get back on the Paramount and back up to the 15-17mph speed I had no idea it was heart related)