Old 12-03-08, 03:01 PM
GTALuigi

Bikes: Dahon Mu SL 08 / Matrix 08

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by backatit
I am wondering if anyone else gets dizzy when--or, mostly, after, a cold weather ride. I had forgotten that this happens to me but since the weather has changed I'm reminded. Today was pretty cold in Gotham and when I finished riding, both coming and going, today I was dizzy. I assume that this is just an inner ear thing but I am interested if this happens with others.
it is due the air pressure differential, between outside air vs. inside air of a building.

which is actually a side effect of coming from a cold compressed air environment, where all your muscles, brain tissue, and blood vessel are compressed, and then when you get into a warm environment, the air is expanded, and your body relaxes, and thus releasing the pressure from your blood vessels, then you feel all this rush of the flow, and that's what causes your dizziness.

It can be partially avoided by keeping yourself warm enough, specially the head area.
But that is usually to hot for comfort, to archive a high enough temperature to prevent that effect.