Old 12-04-08, 10:42 AM
jakewalczak

Bikes: Schwinn Traveler, Trek 800

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
You really need to fix stuff rather than just say 'it blew out on me'. I'm seeing a trend in your posts that suggest a decided lack of maintenance
Thanks for the Lug clarification- my tires have lots- so I'm in good shape there I think- I guess it will just be getting used to having to power through- just sucks.

Still learning. It was a gift when I turned 15- and haven't had a need to do much to it. The cable for my front derailer literally exploded- right out of the casing. I could have replaced it; but never use it; didn't think to keep something I don't use. I replaced the brake cable and housing- works great now!

Originally Posted by jgedwa
OP: The responses you have gotten to your questions have been very gentle, all things considered. But make no mistake, you have really been going about this the wrong way. Simplicity is a virtue in the harsh winter, but simply removing things piecemeal is not a good idea.
Isn't making something simple- removing the excess, the non-useful and the non-used? What are your suggestions to properly do this. I am new at it all and would appreciate suggestions.

I'm just looking for a commuter to travel normally 4 miles; occasionally 8. But the free bus route is the main transporter- the bike just gets me on it, and to my final destination.

Thanks for being honest!