slow up hills

Bikes: Giant TCR, Redline CX, Ritchey Breakaway, Spec S-works epic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlexTaylor
Progress Report...

Did a 1hr FTP on the same bike in the gym today- 195w (my 2 x 20 the other day was 193??)
I am 2kg lighter than when I weighed myself two weeks ago - 91kg
Power to weight is 2.14, up 0.05 in a week

(I know, I know, it;s too early to see if this is a genuine improvement due to many factors but hey, at least it makes me feel optimistic).

Downloaded Training Peaks and have got myself a proper workout plan now too which is awesome!

If you don't mind, I'll keep posting my scores on the doors regularly and any advice on the way through my journey of weight loss and painful legs will be greatfully appreciated.

Bit of background though - I only started excercising properly (i.e. took up cycling because I was 250 pounds of unfit lard) in July 2007 so it's gonna take a while.

My three goals this season -

Finish the Clayton Velo race in the pack

Finish the 102 mile Cheshire Cat cyclosportive in under 7hrs- http://www.kilotogo.com/cheshire%20cat.html

Finish a club '10' in the 25 minute range
You've got a thread going, so this is the perfect place to post how your training is going. As far as the being unfit in july 2007 goes, what this really means is that if you train consistently you'll see huge gains rather quickly. It'll be fun.

Also -- as soon as you buy a license your cat-5-o-meter = 100%. It's the cat-4-o-meter you need to start working on.