View Single Post
Old 12-04-08, 04:04 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Today was a GOOD day for my buddy

I made the trip over the hospital to pay a visit with my cycling friend who was hit by a car again today. I just can't seem to stay away.

It's amazing the difference a day can make. He had gotten rid of some of the pain and was in very good spirits.........and talked a good bit more. He still looked like crap.........more like he does after a 100 miler but he sure sounded better........but who wouldn't if you were in traction and had been in the hospital for almost a week.

Today was the first day there appeared to be some improvement. There are more surgeries to go and a few more weeks in the hospital but today just felt better.

I'm sure there will be good days and bad days and while today wasn't great it sure was much better than yesterday. I really do think his experience doing punishing rides out on the road will help him (and me) get through this a little better. We'll see.........

Thanks to all for the responses in the "hurtin" post. They really helped ground me on where he is in the process and also where it's headed.