View Single Post
Old 12-20-04, 07:15 AM
Travelinguyrt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To Jeffrey

How much Tax do you want put on the bike riding you do to pay for the paths? I both drive a car and ride a bike, .43 cents per gallon of gas is taxed suppossedly for roads, thought i doubt it all goes to roads
You are the government whether you recognize the fact ot not, and you not someone else is going to have to start the movement for paths, and pay for them

To Dirtbike......"every road in cailfornia had bike paths", well maybe some, but on my recent ride from SF to Santa Barbara and Malibu except in a few cities, there were no bike lanes on HWY 1 along the ocean, and in spite of Gov Aaaaanolds rhetoric I rather doubt that bike paths are on a priority list, and if they were, where is the financing?
I stopped believing in fairy godmothers the same year I found that Santa Claus was my father and mother
The BEST idea I saw in Calif was the west side of the GG bridge wholly given over to bike riding, now that IS a GREAT idea. But from the Presidio to the bridge the lane was miniscule at best, and sum dude in a Bentley convertible nearly ran me off the road