Thread: Fuji S12-S
View Single Post
Old 12-04-08, 11:01 PM
Fibber

Bikes: Fuji S-12s, Trek Navigator 200, Dahon Vitesse D7, Raleigh Sprite Touring ('70's)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well, I'm going to put this post back up on top again with my 'find' this evening. I was responding to a FreeCycle ad, and the gifter was only about two miles away within the same town. Turns out the woman's granddaughter goes to school with my daughter.

Long story short, I went there to pick up the Fuji Berkeley she had, when she asked me if I also wanted this other no-name bike. Turns out the no-name was an S12-S. Very dirty but in otherwise beautiful shape. I spent this evening cleaning it up. The wheels are dead nuts on, brakes are nicely adjusted, shifts smoothly, etc. Only thing not original is the seat & bar tape. Brown, 25" (a slight bit large for me, but rideable if I am careful....).

Oh and the Berkeley? OK, but a bit modified, and not very well. Bar end shifters sort of jammed on, other hacks. Still, the price was right for two bikes, and the conversation about how she came to have these two bikes was quite entertaining!